The summer signing may have netted the last-gasp winner as Liverpool downed Everton again, but it was the England man who garnered the most attention
Breaking’s V I V I D L Y
The Impeccable Crook!
A cartoon From VANGUARD Newspaper
14 OTHER NEWSPAPER HEADLINES IN BRIEF
- 'To be good in counter attack is suddenly art'… The Manchester United manager claims he used to face criticism for being 'ruthless', but is now seeing Chelsea hailed for taking the same approach
- Obiano earns plaudits for appointing a visually impaired… The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (JONAPWD) in Anambra State has hailed the appointment of one of its member as a permanent secretary by Governor Willie Obiano. Azuka…
- Saraki, Dogara heap plaudits on Pinnick The commendations were contained in letters by Saraki and Dogara The post Saraki, Dogara heap plaudits on Pinnick appeared first on The Eagle Online.
- Liverpool team news: Firmino & Sturridge start as… Jurgen Klopp has made just one change to the first 11 that dismantled West Ham last weekend, with the Brazil international replacing Divock Origi
- 'I'm Liverpool's best striker' –… The England international has been limited to just five Premier League starts this season but he maintains he is happy playing at Anfield just now
- 'One of the worst wingers ever!' – Leroy… The 20-year-old failed to impress as Manchester City were held by Celtic on Tuesday, prompting a scorning reaction from many on social media
- Klopp hoping to have Sturridge for Merseyside derby The Liverpool boss says the England international could return to training ahead of the weekend, putting him in contention for Monday's clash
- 'Sturridge's time at Liverpool is up' Kris Boyd thinks the England international will move on in January, while Danny Mills has questioned the attitude of the ex-Chelsea and Manchester City forward
- 'I have no idea' – Klopp unsure over… The Reds boss has offered no guarantees that the England international will still be at Anfield for the 2017-18 Premier League campaign
- Forget the bitterness and revenge face forward and forget… Senator Ben Murray-Bruce is of the opinion that a major lesson Nigeria learnt in 2016 was that the way forward is certainly not by blaming the past government and seeking…
- Mane, Firmino, Sturridge, Coutinho – are… The Reds are the highest-scoring Premier League side for 2016, with Jurgen Klopp spoilt for choice in attack. Is he constructing the most fearsome front line in England?
- 'When will Sturridge return for Liverpool? I have no… The forward will miss the Reds' match with West Ham but the manager says he does not know when he will be fully fit
- 'When he does not score you are down to 10 men'… The former Anfield defender did not mince his words after seeing the Reds go out of the competition, and focused his ire on the forward
- 'It doesn’t matter if you miss 10 chances'… The former Reds striker has called on the under-fire frontman to show "mental toughness" and keep putting himself in a position to score goals