FRIDAY: Swedish Prosecutors drop the investigation against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange; and in this final edition of World in Focus, we take a look back at the last year
NINE MORE NEWS ITEMS IN BRIEF
- World in Focus: Sputnik’s Daily Current Affairs Program |… WEDNESDAY: The UK’s Governing Conservative Party looks clear of criminal investigation threats; and what effect will South Korea’s new President have on US policy in the region?
- World in Focus: Sputnik’s Daily Current Affairs Program |… THURSDAY: UK Labour Party’s Election Manifesto leaked to press detailing a program of renationalization and dedication to public services; EU Chief Brexit negotiator meets Irish leader to discuss the impact…
- The Daily: ‘The Daily’: More Comey Memos, More… Michael S. Schmidt discusses previously unreported details of the president’s efforts to win over the F.B.I. director.
- Move to replace Brazil's indigenous affairs agency… Critics say the proposal is an attack on indigenous rights by the country's powerful farming lobby.
- Turkey: Current account deficit shrinks in March Annual rolling deficit falls to $33B in March, from $33.75B this February
- Comey, Russia and a 'smoking gun': a roundup of… Reports of a memorandum indicating Trump pressured the FBI to drop an inquiry into Russia ties capped weeks of serial bad headlines for the presidentDevastating news for Donald Trump continued…
- Comey, Russia and a 'smoking gun': a… Devastating news for Donald Trump continued to accumulate on Tuesday night. Devastating news for Donald Trump continued to accumulate on Tuesday night, as reports emerged of a memorandum indicating that…
- Syrian opposition seeks extension of current Geneva talks The Syrian opposition is seeking an extension of the current round of U.N.-hosted peace talks underway in Geneva.
- Thousands of police on the beat without current background… About 14,000 officers in England, Wales and Northern Ireland have not had up-to-date background checks.