Confusion As Nigeria’s Sports Minister ‎Blows Hot, Makes Very Desperate Moves To Impress Buhari

Following the call for his sack as the Minister of Youths and Sports, after Nigeria’s poor outing at the just concluded Rio Olympics in Brazil, Solomon Dalung, has begun a probe into the expenditure of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, with a view to overhaul the football body.

It was revealed by sources, that the move was an attempt by the Minister to clear himself of the blames pointed at him, over the failure of Team Nigeria at the Olympics.

Authoritative sources, further disclosed that Dalung ‎has ordered the NFF General Secretary, Muhammed Sanusi, to present comprehensive accounting details of how the NFF spent all ‘monies’ collected from the Ministry for the assignment.

According to sources, it is believed that the NFF might not have followed the due process in its financial activities.

The NFF will have to account for the money, because of several incidents from Atlanta, USA to Brazil.

“There is also the issue of people who were not supposed to be in the U-23 team,” the source said.

It‎ was also learnt that some top shots of the federation, collected over 20 days estacode, but spent only two days in Brazil.

Responding to this revelation, an official of the NFF, who prefers anonymity, said there was no big deal in the move by the Ministry to probe the federation.

“Probe or no probe, the federation will ordinarily render accounts of how money was spent at the games to the Ministry, since that is the norm here,” the source said.

So far, it is not clear if the Ministry will also extend the current probe to other federations that represented Nigeria at the games.

Meanwhile, Dalung has lashed out at his critics, after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, at the State House, saying he was not a problem to the Nigerian sports.

“I am not the problem of Nigerian sports, because abysmal performance predates my appointment,” he said.