Six lawmakers elected under the umbrella of the Peoples Democratic Party have defected to the ruling All Progressives Congress.
According to the defected lawmakers, the ongoing crisis at both the national and state level of the PDP is responsible for their defection.
Reading the letter in the floor of the hallow chamber at exactly 12:30pm today, the Speaker Ahmed Imam said the defected members are:
1. Hon. John Abah of Ibaji
2. Hon. Mukhtar Adoke of Adavi
3. Hon. Mathew Kolawole of Kabba Bunu
4. Hon. Ahmed Muhammad of Ankpa I
5. Hon. Victor Adewale Omofaiye of Ijumu
6. Hon. Abdulkarim Kekere Sani of Okehi.