Babies are a delicate lot and it is advised in many quarters that they be handled with care due to their obvious frail nature.
Traveling with babies seems to be another hot topic among most parents considering the inherent dangers that it sometime poses.
If you are a parent and you seek tips to travel safely with your baby, below are seven guides to help you achieve just that.
1) Consider Renting A Home Or Apartment With Amenities: This saves the stress of lugging those heavy things around. For example, this vacation rental comes with all the baby amenities I talked about, and as an extra bonus there is a space shuttle themed bedroom and a separate jungle themed bedroom to keep the older kids entertained.
2) Order Baby Food, Diapers, Wipes, And Formula: Next day delivery is free, and it saves you the trouble of lugging all that stuff around and allows you to skip the stressful trips to the grocery store.
3) Ditch Staying At Hotels: They are nice but sometimes when your baby falls asleep at 8pm, you’re stuck eating takeout in the bathroom. Instead, consider a vacation rental that has two or more bedrooms. After the little angel falls asleep, mom and dad can enjoy the rest of the night without waking up the little one.
4) Save The Most Interesting Things For Last: Whenever we travel, we always start by playing with things nearby – plastic forks, flight magazines. Then we up it to Legos, then comes Monkey Lunchbox on mom’s iPhone, and finally family videos when all else fails.
5) Kid Themed Rooms Make It More Exciting: It is entertaining for the older siblings, buying mom and dad more peace and quiet with the baby. For example, this Florida vacation home comes with a crib in the master bedroom, and an Antarctic penguin room, and a Disney-themed enchanted forest room that is ideal for entertaining the older kids.
6) White Noise From Your Phone: You can buy apps for that, but some find the that best way to give their baby the five S’s is to record the “shooshing” on their phone and play it over and over again until the baby falls asleep. It works wonders!
7) Rent A Hotel Room With A Kitchen Or Find A Vacation Rental: You can save money by preparing food at your home base and you won’t have to wait 20 minutes at the restaurant while your child is starving. Your toddler is also less likely to be fussy if he can eat foods he’s familiar with at home.
RipplesNigeria …without borders, without fears