- Eurozone inflation weaker than expected at 0.2%
- German retail sales jump in July
- Pound rises against dollar and euro
- UK house prices rise 0.6% in August
- Eurozone unemployment steady at 10.1%
- Consumer confidence rebounds in UK
Strong case for more ECB action. The battle against low inflation is faltering. @angelamonaghan
The price of a barrel of Brent crude oil is down 0.7% at $48.02.
Oil analysts surveyed by Reuters revised down their price forecasts for the first time since February as an agreement to cut production among oil producing nations looked unlikely, and US stocks rose.